Email notifications help you stay connected to topics you care most about. This article will teach you how to subscribe and unsubscribe to email notifications on your Intranet.
Notifications About New Posts
You can subscribe to receive email notifications when new posts are shared on a particular topic. Topics are identified by the post's author with tags. There are three kinds of tags: community site tags, hashtags, and profile tags -- you can subscribe to all three.
This section will introduce you to examples of each of these tags and will teach you how to subscribe to email notifications based on tags that interest you.
Before we go any further, here's what an email notification will look like:
Subscribe to Posts Tagged with a Particular Community Site
There are two ways to subscribe to receive notifications about new posts on a community site.
- Navigate to the community site (i.e. Marketing/BD) and click the Subscribe button under Stay Connected in the upper right.
- On your profile page (click on your headshot to the left of Share Something to get there quickly), locate the Communities web part. Here, you’ll see a list of all the communities on the Intranet.
Click the email notification button on the right for communities that you want to receive email notifications from. If you do not see an email notification button next to the community you're interested in, first follow the community by clicking the plus button, and then click the email notification button.
If you do not see the email notification button in the Stay Connected or Communities web part, then you have probably disabled email notifications. Follow the directions in the Enabling and Disabling Email Notifications section at the bottom of this page to re-enable them.
Subscribe to Posts Tagged with a Particular Hashtag
There is only one way to subscribe to receive email notifications on new posts that contain a specific hashtag:
Navigate to the hashtag (i.e. #ProjectTour) and then click the Subscribe button under Stay Connected.
Subscribe to Posts Tagged with a Particular Profile
There are two ways to subscribe to receive email notifications on new posts that contain a specific project, contact, employee, company, or opportunity tag.
- Navigate to the project, contact, employee, company, or opportunity’s profile page. Click the Subscribe button under Stay Connected..
- In the project, contact, employee, company, or opportunity directory, you might find an email notification button in the far right column. If so, you can use it just as you would in other locations. If not, and you'd like to have it added, contact your Intranet Champion.
Subscribe (or Unsubscribe) to a Post
You may want to subscribe to receive email notifications about new comments on a particular post, such as “Seeking Inspiration for our New Website.”
The following actions will subscribe you to a post:
- Authoring the post
- Commenting on or liking the post via email or on the Intranet
- Being @mentioned or tagged in the post or in a comment on the post
- Clicking the Subscribe button under the post
You may want to avoid receiving email notifications about new comments on other posts, such as “Our 2014 Holiday Party Pictures.”
The following actions will unsubscribe you from a post:
- Clicking the Unsubscribe button underneath the post
- Responding to an email notification with the word ‘STOP’
Enabling and Disabling Email Notifications
You can turn off all email notifications related to your account, including emails about Promoted posts, with the Disable Email Notifications setting on your profile page. Disabling notifications can be useful if you are going on vacation and don’t want Intranet email notifications piling up in your inbox.
When you disable email notifications, your account’s subscriptions are saved and suspended. When you re-enable email notifications, your saved subscriptions are reinstated.
- On your profile page (click on your headshot to the left of Share Something to get there quickly) locate the Stay Connected web part in the upper right.
- Hover over the "Email Notifications Enabled" text to see the option to disable email notifications. Click on the "Disable Email Notifications" text to disable email notifications.