Stream Configuration and Stream Administration are two administrative tools that you'll use while setting up and managing your Synthesis intranet's activity stream. These pages are only visible to Site Collection Administrators.
Navigating to Stream Configuration or Stream Administration is generally a two step process.
- Click on the Home community tab.
- Click on the left navigation links titled either Stream Configuration or Stream Administration.
If you don't see these links on the left navigation, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Are you a Site Collection Administrator?
- Staying on the Home community, select Setting Cog > Site Settings.
- Under the Users and Permissions header, do you see a link titled Site collection administrators?
- If you don't see this link, you are not a Site Collection Administrator. Your IT team can change this, just contact them with the request.
- If you do see this link, you are a Site Collection Administrator. You can follow the steps below to locate the Stream Configuration and Stream Administration pages in the Pages library.
Locating the Pages Library
- Staying on the Home community, select Setting Cog > Site Contents.
- Here, click on the library titled Pages.
- Click on the StreamAdministration or StreamConfiguration link.
Make It Easier Next Time
If you want to give yourself easier access to these pages, add links to the Stream Administration and Stream Configuration pages to the left navigation. Since these pages are only visable to Site Collection Administrators, the links too will only be visable to Site Collection Administrators.
See the Change the Left Navigation article for instructions on adding links.