Rename a Community Site
- Navigate to the community site you want to modify, click the Settings Cog and then click Site Settings.
- Under the Look and Feel section, click Title, description, and logo.
- Change the community's name in the "Title:" field of the Title and Description section.
- Change the community's URL in "URL Name:" field of the Web Site Address section.
Editing the People, Projects, or Marketing community URLs will temporarily disable the profiles that are on those sites. To re-enable them, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the community site's new URL.
- Click OK once you've completed your changes.
If you have SharePoint Foundations, follow these additional steps.
- From Home, click the Settings Cog and then click Site Settings.
- Under the Look and Feel header, select Top link bar.
- Here, you'll see a list of your community sites. Find the site you just renamed and click the paper and pencil icon to it's left.
- Edit the community site's name in the "Type the description:" field and select OK.
Delete a Community Site
- Navigate to the community site you want to delete, click the Settings Cog and then click Site Settings.
- Under the Site Actions section, click Delete this site.
- On the next screen, you'll be asked to confirm that you want to delete the site. Once deleted, the site is permanently gone. Take a moment to verify the site's URL before you click the second Delete button.