Use the Employee Directory web part to create a purpose-built directory that displays all employees with a LEED Accredited Professional designation.
These directions are based on our educated guess that your employees' LEED AP registrations are tracked in the Licenses grid of the employee's Deltek Vision record. If this information is tracked elsewhere in Deltek Vision, you can use this document as guidance for the general process, and work with firstname.lastname@example.org to fine tune the filter explained towards the end of the Add and Configure the Directory section of this article.
Create a New Page
- On the People community site, select Setting Cog > Site Contents. Select the Pages library from the list of Document Libraries.
- Click the ... on the right side of the EmployeeDirectory page then, click the ... in the dialog box. Click Download a Copy from the list of options in the drop-down menu. Save this file to your desktop.
- Rename the "EmployeeDirectory.aspx" file on your desktop to "LEEDEmployeeDirectory.aspx".
- Return to the Pages library of the People community site (or another site that you'd like the LEED Employee Directory to live on), click + new document and upload LEEDEmployeeDirectory.aspx.
Add and Configure the Directory
- In the Pages library, click LEEDEmployeeDirectory.aspx to open the page you just uploaded.
- The page will be empty at first, change that by clicking the Setting Cog > Edit Page and then click the Add a Web Part button at the top of the page.
- In the Categories section at the top of the page, click on the Knowledge Architecture — Directories folder. In the Web Parts section, click Employee Directory. Click Add.
- Bring your cursor to the employee directory web part's upper right-hand corner. When the drop-down menu appears, select Edit Web Part.
- Expand the Default View section of the web part's configuration dialog box. Select LicensesAndRegistrations from the Filter 1 drop-down menu and type "LEED" in the field to the right. This will pre-filter the directory to only display employees with a license that includes the word LEED.
- Expand the Appearance Section and change the directory's Title to LEED Employee Directory.
- Click Apply, and then OK at the bottom of the dialog box. Your changes have now been saved, though you may not see them applied to the directory just yet. To refresh the directory and see your changes, navigate away from the directory page (i.e. go to another community site), and then navigate back to the LEED Employee Directory via Site Contents and the Pages library.
Make the Directory Easy to Find
- Copy the directory's URL to your clipboard.
- Change the Left Navigation to add a link to the LEED Employee Directory.