Each Synthesis directory is composed of a handful of searchable and sortable columns selected by your Synthesis team. The data displayed in these columns is pulled from source systems, such as Deltek Vision, Axomic OpenAsset, and Newforma Project Center, as well as from Synthesis records themselves.
Most of the columns you'll use are standard Synthesis fields and will be available in the directory's configuration options by default. If there is a source system field that you'd like to include in a directory, but you don't see available in the directory's configuration options, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the source system, the field name, and the directory you'd like it added to. We'll take it from there.
To access a directory's configuration options, click the settings cog > Edit Page. Bring your cursor to the directory web part's upper right-hand corner. When the drop-down menu appears, select Edit Web Part. This will bring a configuration dialog box up on the right side of the page.
Once you've made changes in this configuration dialog box, click Apply, and then OK at the bottom of the dialog box. Your changes have now been saved, though you may not see them applied to the directory just yet. To refresh the directory and see your changes, navigate away from the directory page (i.e. go to another community site), and then navigate back.
Add, Remove, and Change Directory Columns
Expand the "Columns" section of the configuration dialog box. Use the #, Value, Title, and Link options to configure the directory columns.
- # controls the order in which columns appear. Use these drop-downs to reorder columns.
- Value contains a list of standard Synthesis fields as well as custom fields that have been mapped. Add a directory column by selecting a value from this drop-down; remove a directory column by selecting << None >> from this drop-down.
- Title controls the column name as it appears in the directory's header, this is the column name your employees will see.
- Link lets the web part know which column should be formatted as a hyperlink to the entity’s (i.e. a project's or an employee's) profile page.
Change the Default View
Expand the "Default View" section of the configuration dialog box. Here, you can change the directory's default sort order and add up to three filters to narrow the data set.
Filters are especially useful for directories that are designed to display a slice of data (i.e. a LEED Employee Directory). You can find an example of filtering in the Create a LEED Employee Directory article.
Expand the "Display" section of the configuration dialog box. Here, you can edit how many items are displayed per page of the directory, disable the Export to Excel function, and hide all or part of the directory's header.
The Hide Header option allows you to select between None, FilterOnly, and WholeHeader.
- None will display both column titles and column search bars, this is the default.
- FilterOnly will display only column titles.
- WholeHeader will hide both column titles and column search bars.