Release Tracks Overview
Knowledge Architecture offers two product release tracks: Continuous Release and Major Release
Continuous Release Track: Clients on this track receive new web features as they are ready. What does ready mean? It means that the features have passed internal quality assurance (QA) processes and external beta testing. The continuous release is only available for the web version of Synthesis, Synthesis Mobile is updated in concert with the major release track.
Major Release Track: This track involves packaging a large number of features together and releasing them all at once. In a typical year, clients on this track should expect 1-4 releases. Your web and mobile versions will be updated virtually simultaneously.
If you are not sure which release track you are on, or would like to change tracks, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuous Release Track Only
- Edit Posts
- Edit Comments
- Format Text in Posts
- Special features for inserting files and images into posts
- Insert files directly to a post (no need to add to SharePoint library first)
- Add multiple forms of media to one post (files, links and images)
- Move files and images within a post
- Analyze the Efficacy of Content with Analytics
Features Available on Both Tracks
- Viewing Posts on the Activity Stream
- Continuous Release Track: When you scroll to the bottom of the stream, the stream will automatically load more posts.
- Major Release Track: When you scroll to the bottom of the stream, you come to a hard stop. Click the arrow at the bottom of the stream to see additional posts.
- Promote, Remove, and Edit Tags on Stream Items
- Continuous Release Track: You will Promote, Remove, and Edit Tags on Stream Items as you read them in the stream.
- Major Release Track: You will Promote, Remove, and Edit Tags on Stream Items from Stream Administration. If you're unfamiliar with Stream Administration, refer to the How do I find Stream Configuration and Stream Administration article to learn more.